Lisa H. Jamieson is experienced in all facets of estate planning and probate law, is Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is a Certified Public Accountant. Ms. Jamieson’s practice includes sophisticated business and estate tax planning, administration of dependent and independent estates, guardianships for incapacitated adults, and counseling and representing trustees.
Ms. Jamieson is licensed in Texas, having graduated from Baylor University School of Law. She is a Fellow in the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and is the post President of the Tarrant County Probate Bar. Ms. Jamieson is a former Chair of the Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, the largest section of the State Bar. She also has chaired the Guardianship Code Committee of the Section as well as Chair of the Jurisdiction Committee which revised the jurisdiction statutes of decedents’ estates and guardianships in anticipation of the codification of the Texas Probate Code.
Baylor University (J.D., 1984 Law Review)
Texas A & M University (B.B.A., 1981 summa cum laude)
Admissions & Certifications
- Board Certified, Estate Planning and Probate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified Public Accountant, Texas
- State Bar of Texas (1984)
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow
- State Bar of Texas, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Council (Chair, 2013-2014); (Council, 2000-2004)
- Fort Worth/Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association (President, 1990)
- Tarrant County Probate Bar (President, 1995-1996)
- Leadership Fort Worth and Forum Fort Worth
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation, Board Member
Honors and Recognitions
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® Preeminent™ (5.0); Top Rated Layers in Trust & Estate Law
- Best Lawyers in America® (2001-2016)
- Top Attorney, Fort Worth, Texas magazine (2009-2016)
- Texas Super Lawyer, Texas Monthly magazine among Top 50 women attorneys in Texas, Top 100 attorneys in Texas
- Outstanding Young Lawyer for the State of Texas (1996)
Publications & Presentations
Ms. Jamieson has spoken at numerous continuing courses for the State Bar of Texas, including the State Bar’s annual Advanced Estate Planning and Probate Course and its Advanced Strategies Course. In 2007, she was the Course Director for the State Bar’s Advanced Estate Planning and Probate Course.
Lisa has committed a considerable amount of time in many civic and professional organizations. She currently serves on the Board of United Community Centers Foundation, Advocates for Special People, The Alzheimer’s Association of North Central Texas, and the B&G Clubs of Arlington.
Lisa was one of the initial members of the Board of Directors of Guardianship Services, Inc., and served as its first President. She has also served as President of Parenting Center (formerly Parenting Guidance Center), the Alzheimer’s Association in Fort Worth, Safe Haven of Tarrant County, and Advocated for Special People.