Kevin F. Lee is experienced in all facets of complex commercial litigation, professional liability litigation, construction litigation, consumer and Deceptive Trade Practices Act litigation, eminent domain litigation and securities litigation. Mr. Lee has also represented financial institutions and judgment holders in commercial and debt collection litigation, golf course and other property owners in premises liability litigation, and manufacturers and sellers of products in products liability litigation. Mr. Lee is Peer Review Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale Hubbell.
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of defendant client in DTPA and Breach of Warranty Case relating to the construction of a car wash.
- Obtained a judgment for limited partners in a breach of fiduciary duty suit against general partner.
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of defendant client in premises liability trial relating to the construction of a display on the premises.
- Obtained a jury verdict for an insurance company in bad faith, Article 21.21, and DTPA trial.
- Obtained a jury verdict for client in DTPA trial relating to the sale of an apartment complex.
- Represented and defended client in two jury trials with fraud and negligent misrepresentation claims relating to the start-up of a business in which plaintiffs alleged in excess of $500,000 in damages. Won a jury verdict for client in the second of those trials.
- Obtained a judgment for amounts owed under maintenance agreement in a suit where defendant asserted counterclaim for breach of that agreement and lost profits.
- Successfully defended clients in a multi-party securities fraud arbitration in which claimants alleged in excess of $30 million in damages.
- Represented client in settlement of securities fraud and professional liability class action in which plaintiffs alleged $60 million in damages.
- Represented primary target defendant in settlement of property damage case arising out of construction activity in which municipality alleged $25 million in damages.
- Represented corporation against direct and derivative claims from shareholders and former officers in which the plaintiffs sought total damages in excess of $60 million.
- Represented manufacturer in a three-week jury trial in which plaintiff sought $16 million in lost profit damages.
- Represented attorneys in multiple suits alleging that the respective attorneys aided and abetted in securities fraud litigation.
- Represented architect in multiple suits against school districts alleging negligent design, negligent contract administration, and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Represented real estate broker and agent in multiple suits alleging breach of fiduciary duties arising out of concurrent representation of adjoining landowners and sellers of property.
- Assisted in the representation of a client in a personal injury jury trial arising out a construction accident in which plaintiffs alleged multiple millions in damages.
- Enforced covenants not to compete and non-disclosure covenants on multiple occasions for employer client at temporary injunction and permanent injunction hearings.
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1985, with honors
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 1981, with high honors, Phi Beta Kappa
- State Bar of Texas, 1986
- United States District Court, Northern, Western, and Southern Districts of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section
- Tarrant County Bar Association